To illustrate our managed hosting pricing, we've put together two sample quotes - remember these are for completely managed setups, where Bytemark handle all your server administration for you.
- Internally redundant, load-balanced cluster
- Ability to cope with very high demand
- Optimised for PHP/MySQL architecture
- Firewall, backups and management from the Bytemark team
- Robust virtual machine-based hosting
- Runs any moderate to high demand application
- Upgradeable at very short notice
- Firewall, backups and management from Bytemark team
How we calculate pricing
We assess a monthly or annual management fee based on a number of hours per month, at £85 per hour, and that is all you pay. We include in our management charges:
- Hands-on system administration
- Documentation updates and planning
- Active response to emergencies 24/7
- Face-to-face meetings (where neceessary)
Our fixed-price hosting already includes:
- Initial installation of OS, firewall and networking
- Failed hardware swap-outs according to our SLA
- Out-of-band server access and rescue facilities
Our management charges are only made for the individual attention that your servers need. We also occasionally charge a setup fee for more complex initial software installations, again at the same hourly rate.
A fair pricing policy
We think that our management charges are fair because you can easily compare the value of our team, infrastructure and procedures against doing it yourself, or against other managed hosting providers. And we think it's only fair to base management charges on the number of hours we work, don't you?
An example quotation
We've put together a typical managed quotation for a busy web site that needs to withstand the failure of any one component, and brought it in at under £10,000 per year.
Data Centre Manager
Chris studied video games design at university, and after a year employed by Bytemark's main data centre, he joined us as our data centre manager.
“We rent a dedicated server from Bytemark to run an extranet for our customer. We are now on our second server having upgraded and we've been impressed with the service we've received.”